Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Yesterday night, I was kinda forced by LH to go to a gig by Rachel Yamagata. Actually he did not force me, it's just that I myself wanted to experience the music scenes in London - those that are not so commercialized, you know.

I kinda like her voice when I first heard it;it sounds like Norah Jones' and I've always liked that kind of voice. Oh, in terms of Taiwanese artists, they sound like Joanna 王若琳. You'll definitely be moved and touched by their voices and music, and the impact will be much bigger if you listen to them LIVE- with band and those emotional performers.

I nearly teared when she began to sing 'Be be your love' yesterday and when the drum came in, I could feel I was in heaven. I guess I have never listened to LIVE music for too long. The drummer and guitarist were so emotional, I could see they were totally into the music , into the lyrics. And I'm going to Jason Mraz's concert in April! =)

I'm in love with a few songs at the moment-

Plane - Jason Mraz

鱼 - 陈绮贞

Ok, I'm too bored now. Let me explain the lyrics of 鱼.

It basically describes the feelings of a person who hates the society and the world. She wants break out of the cage but the efforts do not pay off - in the end she is the one who gets hurt.

I think at the end she decides to stay in the world, whilst hoping someone who is brave enough will take her into his arms.


SOmetimes there are way too many thoughts in my mind, but I am just too lazy to write them out.

5 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

LH Lim Yeshh??

LOL

March 4, 2009 at 8:20 PM  
Blogger waihou said...

whos zatt, my loyal reader? haha...

March 4, 2009 at 9:05 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

not really reading it.. flip tru.. cuz horh.. usually u copy one i will read.. the one u write yrself i fan er not really read it..

xD

March 13, 2009 at 8:02 PM  
Blogger kaishin said...

sorry im a bit outdated but YZ U DAMN BAD!
nice to hear that u really enjoyed rachael yamagata :)

BUT NEXT TIME PLEASE CALL ME ALONG T_T

April 17, 2009 at 9:21 PM  
Blogger defa said...

did u think of me while listening to鱼? now only i realise the reason y didnt read ur blog for so long.cos it is blocked in china. now, i want to pick it up. havent got to know what is on ur mins for so long d. feel bad.

November 1, 2009 at 9:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home